Cub Scouts to Eagle Scouts, Daisies to Seniors!
Whether it’s science, nature, crafts, or cultures, chances are that science and nature programs at Carnegie Museum of Natural History will help you check off some of your Boy Scout and Girl Scout requirements.
- Classes: Our science and nature classes are perfect for many scout requirements.
- Distance Learning: Videoconference in real time with museum educators and scientists.
- Educational Loans: Borrow specimens and artifacts from the museum.
- Guided Tours: Delve deeper into science and culture when you plan a group visit.
- Museum on the Move: Bring museum programs to your location.
- Overnight Adventures: Experience a night at the museum.
- Powdermill Nature Reserve: Join museum educators for outdoor explorations at the museum’s environmental research center.
Merit Badges and Interest Workshops
$20 per participant; $200 minimum fee per workshop. One adult for every ten scouts admitted free; additional participants $20.
Contact Group Visits at 412.622.3289 or GroupVisits@carnegiemuseums.org.
Boy Scouts: Merit Badge
Participants satisfy most badge requirements; a merit badge counselor will sign off on those requirements. Click on titles to download a list of the requirements that are met by each workshop (Microsoft Word files).
Workshops are scheduled 10 a.m. -3 p.m., with a 30-minute lunch break on your own (lunch is not provided).
- American Cultures
- Indian Lore
- Insect Study
- Mammal Study
Cadettes and Seniors: Interest Project
Participants receive project awards at completion of program. Click on linked titles to download a list of the requirements that are met by each workshop (Microsoft Word files).
- Digging through the Past
- Just Jewelry
- Museum Discovery
When you are ready to book, have the following information ready:
- Group Name
- Group Leader Name
- Number attending
- Ages of scouts
- Number of chaperones attending
- County and school district
- If anyone in your group has special needs, please let us know in advance.
Click here to request a visit using our online form, or call 412.622.3289