Tours at Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History encourage interactive exploration of art and natural history topics for every age. Educator guides with pre- and post-visit information are available for some tours. All tours are designed to address current Pennsylvania Academic Standards.
Choose any special or collections tour in the museums:
- Click here for art topics.
- Click here for science and nature topics.
- College-level groups may check the Adult list for additional topics.
- Admission to both the Museum of Art and Museum of Natural History is included in the price of your tour.
- Must be booked at least four weeks in advance.
- Must be paid in full one week prior to visit using one form of payment. No refunds after this time.
- Changes must be made in attendance at least one week prior to visit.
- Minimum number for group pricing is 10. Minimum fee (see chart) applies to groups under 10.
- No Member discounts.
Guided Tour Pricing
|Student||Extra Adults||Minimum Fee|
Unguided Visits (On-own Visits)
- Must be booked at least one week in advance.
- Must be paid in full at time of admission using one form of payment.
- Changes may be made in attendance until time of check-in.
- Minimum number for group pricing is 10. Groups under 10 pay regular admission.
- Member children free (must provide Membership number in advance or present Family Membership card on day of visit).
- Extra $1 per student per activity.
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History: Bonehunters Quarry or Discovery Room
- Carnegie Museum of Art: Independent viewing activity
Required Adult Chaperones: Guided Tours and Unguided Visits
- An adult chaperone must be a responsible teacher, parent, guardian, or assistant who is 18 years old or above.
- In addition to chaperones, aides for students with special needs are admitted free.
|Pre-K & K||One adult required/admitted free for every five students.|
|Grades 1-12||One adult required/admitted free for every ten students. If booking Discovery Room with visit, one adult required/admitted free for every five students.|
|Scouts||One adult required/admitted free for every ten scouts.|
|College||No chaperones required. All accompanying faculty/staff admitted free.|
When booking your tour, please have the following information ready:
- Group Name
- Group Leader Name
- Number of students attending
- Number of chaperones attending
- Age of children
- Preferred tour date (and second choice)
- Preferred tour time (and second choice)
- Type of tour desired: Guided or Unguided
- County and school district, if booking for a school group
- If anyone in your group has special needs, please let us know when booking.
Click here to request a visit using our online form, or call the Group Visits Office at 412.622.3289.
Natural History group programs are also available to travel to your location. Please visit Museum on the Move for more information.