Off the Wall: An Evening with Ragnar Kjartansson and Friends
- March 24, 2011 8:00 pm
- $10 students and members/$20 nonmembers
- Carnegie Music Hall
- United States
The performance collaboration between The Warhol and Carnegie Museum of Art shifts outdoors for the summer with two special evenings of indie folk/pop music in Carnegie Museum of Art’s Sculpture Court.
Buy tickets online.
Artist and musician Ragnar Kjartansson, whose work is presented in Carnegie Museum of Art’s Ragnar Kjartansson: Song exhibition, presents an intimate vaudeville-style show with family and friends. Though this group performs together on Sunday evenings at Ragnar’s mother’s home in Reykjavik, this unique performance marks the group’s first public appearance.
Band members include Davíð Þór Jónsson, an accomplished multi-instrumentalist and composer, and Kjartansson’s nieces, taking a break from their ongoing Hall of Sculpture performance. Video artist Ásdís Sif Gunnarsdóttir has written a melodramatic play to accompany the performance.
This performance is co-presented by Carnegie Museum of Art and The Andy Warhol Museum.
- Sound Series: Dean & Britta Play Galaxie 500
- Sound Series: Third Coast Percussion
- Off the Wall: An Evening with Ragnar Kjartansson and Friends
- Sound Series: Tony Allen’s Afrobeat Orchestra, featuring Amp Fiddler
- Sound Series: Ladybug Transistor and guests
- Sound Series: Bill Callahan (SMOG) and guest